First and foremost, thanks to Mrs. 4444's
for hosting Friday Fragments.
- Got the letter this morning from the university president - I am now official tenured.
- On a related note, I have once again starting to breathe.
- I am thankful to my parents (who without their support - I would be saying today - 'would you like fries with that?')
- On a related note, I truly believe that is one surrounds themselves with good people, good things happen. I was lucky to start life with the best of people and be taught this lesson by them.
- I am also thankful for Heather who has put up with me all these years.
- One a related note, did you know we started a new Saturday Meme called He Said/She Said. You can check out last weeks' edition here. I will post later today, this week's edition, feel free to join in the fun!
- This weeks' question to ask your SO, "How did you and your SO meet? Follow up question - what was your first date?
- Of course, my version of the story is the correct one.
- Last night we celebrated we took Robyn to sign up for her grade nine classes. Wow, does she have a tough curriculum to follow. Her school next year is usually rated in the top ten high-schools in the USA and one only has to see their workload to see why.
- On a related note, I may have tenure but I am not smarter than a ninth grader!
- I am going to start a new post this week called weigh in Wednesday. I am going to post my weight every week. I figure if I publicly embarrass myself, that will keep me motivated to reach my goals.
- On a related note; the related note above combined with this point, once again proves, I am really not that bright. This idea has backfire written all over it.
Overall, this week has included my birthday and the confirmation of my tenure. My family is a happy one and everyone is healthy. While nothing in life is perfect, I have to admit, life has been very, very good to me.
Congratulations Wayne, your in-laws are also very proud of you. You have worked very hard to earn this and it shows.ReplyDelete
Congrats on the tenure, Happy Birthday and Happy St. Paddy's day.ReplyDelete
oh one more - good fragments.
Perhaps you could begin a "Weigh In Wednesday" meme...to inspire more to work along side you. Support and everyone working on their goal.ReplyDelete
Congrats on your tenure!!!
C ongratulations on tenure. I need a weigh-in Wednesday. My January goals were met. Then I stopped dead in my tracks. As I sit here with a hunk of cheddar and a cold beer, I dont' think I have the proper motivation.ReplyDelete
Happy Birthday, and congratulations on your tenure!ReplyDelete
Love the idea of the meme; I'll have to get in on that!
Congratulations on tenure!ReplyDelete
I do weigh-in Thursdays but I don't blog it...I don't even say it out loud. Don't want the cats to hear! (But now that my first three months on my medication is over, I'm starting to lose what I gained. I've discovered it's a side effect a lot of people have had with this drug.)
I'd love to join on He said/she said, but my husband isn't interested. I could do "she said and she knows better than he does anyway." Whatcha think? :)
Happy Birthday and happy great week!
Congratulations!!! Wonderful news.ReplyDelete
I've been avoiding the scale of late... that is usually a bad sign.
Congratulations on your tenure! That's wonderful and it's nice you thanked your parents!ReplyDelete
I will never, ever post my weight for the public to see (unless I get skinny) but I think you're brave for doing that.
Congratulations! SO very happy for you and I think that if you would like a side of fries with your tenure that would be totally acceptable.ReplyDelete