- It is hard to believe that this is Liam's last day of school today. The kids in his program start school two weeks late and finish two week early.
- On a related note: Did you know that kids with special needs are treated equally in the school system?
- Anyone who reads this blog regularly knows that I love my job and I think the world of my students. Asking students to do teaching evaluations however, is just silly. Then placing a large importance on them is even sillier. I will save my entire rant while I feel this is so for another day...
- On a related note: My teaching evaluations for last term was the best I ever had. Heck, in one class I scored a perfect 5.0 for my overall teaching (providing proof once again the student evaluations are silly).
- Heather has been busy running a book fair this week. This of course has been terrible timing combined with my work schedule. One of us has to be available to parent since Children's Aid may have a problem with leaving a 19 month old alone home. It has been an interesting week of playing pass the children.
- On a related note: Heather has put up a load of contests on her blog this week. Check out www.actingbalanced.com to see her frags and while you there try to win something.
- I busted my chops to get one paper deadline completed only to get a vacation response from the person I had to submit it to.
- On a related note: 24 hrs later, I also had another instance where I rushed to meet a deadline only to have it pushed off because the person who set the deadline was too busy to look at it. Oy vey!
- I had an enjoyable time yesterday hosting a group from Ap State. They were a great group and was happy to show them around Charleston and discuss tourism issues with them.
- On a related note: I love when students from other schools walk around our campus. You can see jealousy in their faces. Though Ap State is located in Boone NC which is a beautiful location in itself.
- Erik is going through his 'only momma will do phase.' Heather is so pleased with this (sort of).
- On a related note: Of course this was the week she is leaving him alone with me. Then again, I want momma may be related to be stuck with daddy. Momma is more fun. Daddy does silly things like cleaning when he is home.
My name is Wayne W. Smith and this blog contains my musings related to higher education, tourism and anything else that comes to mind. I invite you to scroll down and laugh where appropriate, cry when necessary but always remember to consider the source.
Friday, May 18, 2012
Once again thanks to Mrs.4444's for hosting this fragged up hop...
Posted by Wayne W Smith at 3:37 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment