Once again thanks to Mrs. 4444's for host this week frag fest...
- We received Liam's IEP (individual eduation plan) this week. Other than giving us less that 24 hours notice with the document, the meeting seemed to go okay for once. I do like this particular teachers' approach of focusing on small achievable goals. We can add more later once he mastered the basics.
- On a related note: you may click here to read my rant about this most frustrating of processes.
- This weekend is graduation. Graduation is bitter sweet for me. While I love to see the students leave and make their mark upon the world, I do miss them after they go as well. They are a great group of young adults.
- On a related note: I am honored to be asked to be on stage to handout the degrees for my program. I look forward to the privilege of doing so. Then again, I do have a phobia about touching people. Wonder how I will feel about being hand-shaked and hugged by 80 or so graduates. I think my rule can be violated for one day.
- P.S. Come back on Sunday for pictures of this breathtakingly beautiful ceremony. It is a feast for the eyes if nothing else. Truly special.
- I spend most of this week at a training session learning how to teach freshmen. Good to know my teaching falls into the innovative category already.
- On a related note: here is my secret to teaching. You treat each students with respect and dignity. You think about how they think and act; Then you think about the material they need to know; and You follow up these two thoughts with a bridge that connects the two. The better the bridge, the better the connection.
- What is it about juice boxes that kids love? Cup vs. Box - Box is the reigning champ (at least in our household).
- On a related note: how does one stop children for playing with this bulldozers in my roses?
- Congrats to my wife Heather for not noticing I had my hair cut.
- On a related note: Do I now have a not notice a hair cut free pass? Probably not. Perhaps that will be the topic of tomorrow's He Said/ She Said post.
- P.S. We are looking for a topic for tomorrows He Said/ She Said post - Do you have a suggestion as to what you want Heather and I to both write about. Come on, don't be shy.
Post a Comment