- I have been in training all week (though probably not the training a desperately need it was tough putting on the jeans this morning) about using technology in the class room. Overall, it has been an enjoyable experience. The most interesting things I have learnt this week include - AirSketch, PicStitch, SyncPad, Splice & DocsToGo. I will be conducting a review of these over the next couple of week - so keep visiting to read about this interesting Apps. Thanks to the instructors for making this such an interesting week!
- On a related note: I now have a Twitter account using the handle - ProfWayneWSmith. I'd like some people to follow while I get used to it. So leave me your handle and I will be happy (well, at least mildly contented) to follow you.
- My absolute favorite App that I learnt this week was one called TourWrist. This App allows for you to create a 360 degree panoramic view. I posted my first attempt at this on Wednesday. It is especially cool if you are checking this out on an iPad.
- On a related note: I have since gotten much better with this App and I will post some new results participating in the Unknown Mami's Sundays in My City hop this weekend.
- I would like to welcome my in laws who arrived to visit. I am sorry, I didn't get to see you much yesterday as I collapsed sometime before 7:00 last night. I promise I will be a little more awake tonight.
- On a related note: I am sorry sorry for the state of the house when you arrived. I have not been home to clean with me trying to combine this training week with my regular schedule. Not the best example of planning I have ever done.
- On a related related note: Thanks to my wonderful bride Heather for holding down the fort this week. She has even blogged less than normal this week because of my schedule. So go onto www.actingbalanced.com and give her an extra hit for me. Please...
- Though he doesn't read my blog - congratulations to my son Liam. Yesterday as we were playing with his numbers my five year old successfully added 1+1, 2+2, 3+3, 4+4, 5+5 and subtracted 5-4, 5-3, 5-2 & 3-1. He is also starting to spell a little too. Nice breakthroughs for him.
- On a related note: In my training course we had to develop a cartoon that outlined to students when it was appropriate to use technology. Here is the one I am working on with my partner. What do you think? Think I will get a breakthrough here?
Friday, May 25, 2012
Welcome to another view inside this fragged up mind of mine. You can blame Mrs. 4444's for exposing you to such things but thank her for hosting as well.