- I had a conference two weekends ago, then last weekend and most of this week I have been qualmish - my grading pile is now officially two inches think.
- Is there such thing as a grading fairy that will come and catch me up?
- Yesterday, I wrote about how Customs officials used someones tweets to deny them entry into the USA. The more I think about it, the more I believe that this generation has it much tougher than previous ones. There are very few secrets in this social media world.
- In 20 years, we will have the first president who had a Facebook page in College. Are we going to drag up pictures from a frat party they attended as a freshman and judge their character on it?
- This is an email I received today...
Do you have a writing project underway? Do you find it hard to find time to think and write during the semester? Have you lost momentum on a manuscript project? If you had a couple of solid days, could you get an article out for review? Are you poised to begin a new writing project if only you could find the time?
If so, consider applying for one of ten spots in the pilot Spring Break Writer’s Retreat.For three days over spring break—Monday, March 5 through Wednesday, March 7—we will provide up to ten faculty with a private, quiet space in Addlestone Library to write. We’ll provide some accountability, care and feeding, and a supportive collegial environment so that you can focus on your writing. In return, you agree to write and not grade, check email or Facebook, or leave the retreat for other meetings.
- Scary part is, I thought this was a really cool idea and am seriously thinking about applying for it as frighteningly enough, it sounds heavenly - Then again, I get my official tenure letter on March 1st - hummm...I may want to party (or cry) my spring break away...:-)