- The word that best describes my trip around the sun is - matriculate - in this case from young adult to mid-life (and yes, it is an unconventional use of the term).
- It is amazing how one goes from newbie to competent professional in an organization. While it may be different in my colleagues eyes; this year featured in my brain this transformation and thus the switch to mid-career as well.
- Along the same wave of thinking, I used to say to my classes that I was not that much older than them. Over the summer, I did the math and realized that I was entering the grey area where I could be old enough to be their parents.
- Finally, in relation to career I finally made peace with the fact that I am happiest being Riker. To translate that thought from geek to normal person click here.
- The Mrs. is starting to evolve as well with her website doing well. She is also secret shopping and starting to become more separated from the kids and creating more of her own path. This has also caused me to work a little less in support of said endeavor and that has been fun. Perhaps her evolution is leading to both of us becoming a little more balanced in our approach to life...
- Three children in the house has caused my parenting to change. As each child is progressing, new and interesting personality traits are arising in each of them. It is amazing how each child progresses but also how you as a parent react seeing as you seen that movie once or twice before.
- Then again - new challenges like choosing high schools are arising. Hard to believe the oldest is only a year and a bit from being allow a drivers permit (15 yrs in SC). Was having a discussion with her about micro or neural biology as a possible college major yesterday. Fun times ahead...
Friday, December 30, 2011
Friday Fragments - v7
As we are preparing celebrate one more orbiting of the planet around the be spheroid made of gas we refer to as the sun, many individuals use this time to be reflective. I shall bow to social convention at this time and do so as well in this edition of Friday Fragments: