- The USA economy continues to stagnate (and may even go into decline again). The USA industrial sectors have not yet caught up to the realities of the new world economy. Until further emphasis is placed on knowledge-based industries and away from traditional 'industrial' areas the economy will continue to flounder. In order for the USA to once again rise into prominence, education and innovation must be emphasized ans supported.
- In order to create a stable economic base, the USA Government should make some unpopular choices. For example, one could fix the deficit by: reducing defense spending by 10%; implementing a 2% national sales tax; and cutting the mortgage interest deduction in half.
- As a result of this, the average American will continue to see a lowering of their quality of life while the gap between the rich and poor continues to expand.
- Geo-political relations between EU nations and the Middle Eastern and African countries will become increasingly tense. This has the potential for potential disaster. Increased terrorism, increased social tensions and scape-coat politics will rear its ugly head.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs will continue to break my heart (along with the Raptors and Blue Jays).
- Tablet computers will become more prevalent. Already tablet sales are showing a staggering rate of adoption. This trend will continue while the traditional desktop computer continues to disappear.
- Also, do not sleep on 3D TV becoming a major force within the entertainment spectrum.
- We are in for a heck of a year weather wise in North America. This year will see drought conditions through most of the breadbasket this year followed by increased hurricane activity for those on the Atlantic and Gulf Of Mexico coasts.
- China will have a very difficult year. First, there are large tensions with its Asian neighbors over its growing power and influence. Second, there are increasing tensions within the country. The economy there is beginning to slow and the political structure is being to show fractures. This is going to be a very challenging year for the country that is growing into being a superpower whether it wants to be or not.
- The NFL will not be locked out while the NBA will have a lengthy work stoppage. The NHL will move back to being on ESPN.
Post a Comment