There is only one job I have never met a person who teaches in any capacity enjoys and that is grading. It is the worst part of the gig. Image having to read 70 similar 10 -12 page essays in about a 72 hour span. That is grading over 10 pages an hour if one doesn't stop to do something insane like eat or sleep. That is the challenge laid before me every exam period. I know I do it to myself - I could cheat and do an ABC test - but it is the best way to actually ensure that students know that material.
2. I'm participating in the April A-Z blog challenge and the Hodgepodge happens to fall on letter O this week. In keeping with that theme...olives, onions, oysters, okra...of the foods mentioned, what's your favorite O food?
In my current sick state I am going with oranges.
3. What is something memorable you experienced as a child that your own children (or future children/nieces/nephews) will not get to experience?
The ability to leave the house in the morning and tramp around town and as long as we were home by dinner it was all good.
4. Term limits for our elected officials...your thoughts?
Being a politician was never intended to be a career by the framers of the US constitution. The idea was that individual's would take breaks from their careers to serve the people for a time and then go back to their original occupations. That being said, with the ways and means it takes to get elected today, only career politicians can afford to run for office and win. That is why incumbents have such a large advantage in any election and thus why we are in the current state we are.
5. On April 18th 1775, Paul Revere made his famous 'midnight ride'....when did you last make a midnight ride? Perhaps the fate of a nation wasn't hanging in the balance, but tell us where you were headed anyway.
I once drove from Thunder Bay, Ontario to Kitchener, Ontario (1400 Kms) only making gas stops to make sure I was home on time for Robyn's birthday party. I left at 10:00 at night and got in by noon the next afternoon. Along the way I dodged moose, bear, OPP and traffic.
I guess the mouse but neither really does for me. It is one of the reasons Heather keeps me around.
7. I love it when people ask me____________________________.
about real issues. I am not a small talk person. I like having real conversations about things that matter to people.
8. Insert your own random thought here.