1. My real life friends came through with another question this week so thank you real life friends. When you've eaten in a restaurant do you complete their comment card? Do you take online surveys highlighted at the bottom of store receipts?
As a researcher I usually find those surveys disgusting because they use them in a manner that is not congruent with standard research practices. Generally, they only expect the extremes to answer those cards, so a truthful and majority moderate score messes up the sample. That is why staff members hint to give them only perfect scores.
2. The (US) ban on women in combat was lifted at the end of January. It will probably be next year before specifics are worked out, but its been reported over 200,000 front line positions will eventually open up to women. Your thoughts?
If a man can do it, why can't a woman?
3. In looking back at all the blog posts you've written, what's your favorite post title?
I write lots of funny and witty posts but sometimes my more serious stuff is so much more poignant I personally feel that my post, 'The Day the Music Died' was one of my more powerful posts.
4. What's worse-overly permissive parents or overly protective parents? Did your own parents lean more to the permissive or the protective category? If you're a parent where do you fall?
I fall probably into the more permissive category as I feel kids need room to explore and make mistakes so that they can learn from them. How can a child learn to be a free thinking, independent person who makes good choices if one doesn't let them do just that? The only time I get really strict is with school work. You don't give less than your best effort on your schooling in this house.
5. Candlelight-moonlight-firelight-bright lights in the big city...which one's your favorite?
I love watching the moon's reflection off of water. It makes for a truly special moment.
6. Dr. Seuss's birthday was celebrated on Saturday. What's a favorite book you remember (Seuss or otherwise) from your own childhood? Did books play an important role in your growing up years? Explain.
I was always a fan of Oh, The Places You'll Go!
7. To quote Dr. Seuss...
"From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere."
from One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
Share something funny you've recently read, seen or heard.
My Monday Listicles seem to work out to be my humor posts of the week...
8. Insert your own random thought here...