1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake? Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers?
Snakes are okay with me...though I do not like to see them when I am hiking (hider guys like the one below are not my favs).
2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck?
Luck is what happens when you put yourself in either good or bad situations and the outcome goes beyond your locus of control.
3. sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose? Which of the three have you done most recently?
I really did like sledding as a kid. That was back when we had killer hills to go down. They now put snow fences up because they are afraid they will be sued. Another freedom our litigious society has taken away.
4. Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew." Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?
Great quote. I had not heard that one before. The ability to reflect is one of the keys to learning. When events are happen, we can learn to a certain degree but real understanding comes from reflecting on the lessons later on. We need to evaluate what happened when enough time passes to let the emotions of the situation go and think on things logically.
5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
A long time ago, probably even in a galaxy far, far away.
6. What's something you can't say no to?
I have a real hard time saying no to Heather. That is perhaps why she married me.
7. Are you a doodler?
I think in graphics, so I am constantly drawing my thoughts. I have a white board at work that I am constantly drawing out my ideas on. Does that count as doodling?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I hate when my body prevents me from being at my best. It is frustrating and very humbling.