Thanks to Mrs. 4444's for hosting Friday Fragments...
- When does one stop saying happy new year to people?
- On a related note: Can I also stop asking people how their holiday was now too?
- My sabbatical being over now is bittersweet. I look forward to seeing my students but I really did enjoy the freedom that sabbatical offered.
- On a related note: I am flattered that so many people are complimenting me on losing weight but does that mean I was really fat to begin with?
- Wish me luck. I just got an R & R (revise and resubmit) on an article I submitted to one of the top journals in our field.
- On a related note: If I get this I would have hit a major career achievement (publishing articles in each of the fields top three journal) in less than a year. I have hit each of the journal's previously in my career but to hit all three in less than a 12 month period would be awesome!
- Did you see the story of the 15-year-old is suing the Icelandic state for the right to legally use the name given to her by her mother. Apparently in Iceland, there is a set list of acceptable names in which one can name their child.
- On a related note: I thought this was a horrible idea until I remembered, Dweezel, Moonunit, Pilot Inspektor, Kyd and Destry. Yep, some people cannot be trusted.
When I started the blog I used to add a lot more academic type content. While I believe that I have plenty of intellectual content on the blog - I think I can add more of the deeper analytic opinions on my research area of hospitality and tourism. I think people would like to know more about tourism trends. You will see I started it yesterday with Tourism and Technology Thursday discussing the Avis buyout of Zipcar.
I also will confirm that I will not do anything commercial on the blog. Heather does it on hers and I think that is great but it is not for this space. It would be like putting an ad in my diary.
Along with re-adding the tourism content, I am going to start using the blog with my classes a little. I will be putting exam hints and other bonus materials onto the blog for them. The bonus is that I hope other readers will enjoy the stories and issues raised.