Four Fill In
This week’s statements:
2. It is pretty funny that life can sometimes seem like a giant oxymoron at times.(I state this merely because I like saying the word oxymoron. It is a fun one. Does this make this point oxymoron-ic then?
3. It may be strange but the dude does not look like a lady to me (perhaps because I am so blurry eyed this morning (see below for explanation)).
4. How Heather made me buy her an engagement ring is an interesting story - one that I will tell another day.
Friendship Friday - One Small Step
This week has been tough. When I was on sabbatical last semester keeping up with my diet was easy. I had time to plan my meals, all the ingredients to create dishes that worked with the diet as well as tasting good. Now that I am back to work at full speed, it is a lot more difficult to maintain the diet. This is mostly due to being downtown Charleston with all its great restaurants but also because I have been working 12 hour days. I have not been able to establish a new routine yet. So in order to try to maintain the diet, I have been working hard to make sure I eat breakfast everyday. I been good about making my lunches and snacks and taking them to work with me - I just got to say no to lunch meetings (tough to do when you are in the hospitality industry). I have not quite nailed it down yet but I am moving towards setting up a healthy eating routine - One small step at a time.
- My life has hit the accelerator this week. Being back to work from sabbatical has been insanely busy. I have had lineups at my door and people on hold on the phone. Someone let me up for air - just for a moment to get organized.
- On a related note: I am trying a work from home Friday session today to see if it will help alleviate some of the pressure. I hope I get a chance this morning to really get my head organized so I am being proactive and not reactionary. I do not like that feeling.
- I am glad that the first 15 minutes of my class Wednesday night was not on YouTube. It was terrible as I tried to get used to being 'on' again. I am surprised no one left the class and dropped it right them. My timing was terrible, my jokes awful and my message disjointed. I will admit though the last two hours of class once I got back in rhythm were not stellar but acceptable.
- On a related note: I enjoyed teaching my all freshmen classes yesterday. It was interesting to see how much energy they could have. My later section in particular were a lot of fun.
- Poor Heather, she is already dying from my schedule this term. Some about me leaving by 7:00 am and not coming home until 9:00 PM or so when she was used to having me be there helping with the kids has been a tough transition on her.
- On a related note: Heather put the kids to bed early last night - so I am now writing this for you at 4:30 am because my son is now awake since he went to be early. A 4:00 am wake up after working 12 hours days is feeling quite tough.
- Liam has to bring something into his kindergarten class today for Show and Tell. We have no idea what he wants to bring as he doesn't have anything in particular he is attached to (unless you count the iPad). I have been asking him every morning for the past week what he wants to bring but this is where Autism can really suck. It has been a tough slog to even get any sort of consideration out of him.
- On a related note: It is now 5:00 am, his bus comes at 6:30 am and I have no idea what to send with him. I still have to make lunches, get clothes together and clean up a little. My brain is officially foggy and he is hyper and will not settle at the moment. Oy vey!
1. Flu mist? Flu shot? Or take your chances?
I's takes me chances...
2. Do your kids have iPads? What are some good educational apps? Price?
Yes, my kids are iPad freaks. Liam loves Angry Birds (it teaches physics and relational principles) $1.99 on sale.
3. What are your favorite boy/girl baby names? Heather would not let me name either of the boys Akbar...
4. If an apple a day keeps the doctor away, which apple do you choose to eat? (red/green, gala, red delicious...)
I am a big fan of the Fuji Apple.
5. What is your favorite place to escape to for peace & quiet, to think? Why?
You mean that is possible? One can escape? I am more likely to escape to the recesses of my mind dream of sitting on a hammock of a Fijian beach.