Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Thanks to Joy for hosting after a couple of tough weeks for her on the East coast.
1. What rule of life should never be broken?
He who smelt it, dealt it. That or to thy own self be true. Either one works for me.
2. What's your favorite family recipe?
My dad makes a really good Apple Pie. Do I know the recipe. No. That would take the mystery. I just pretend it is made out of non-fattening pixie dust. The delusion makes me feel better when I am stuffing my face with it.
3. Is the media manipulative?
If you read this blog regularly you know this is one of my favorite rants. Of course the media is manipulative. The amount of bias in the election in particular was disgusting. News is now being slanted to fit the needs of its corporate masters rather than being a service provided for the public good.
4. Hubs and I saw Skyfall last weekend...are you a fan of the Bond films? If so, who's your favorite Bond?
I am going to go with Daniel Craig. I find his portrayal of Bond as a flawed human being to bring a realism to the role that none of the others ever did. BTW if you want to waste more time, click on here to see my favorite Bond Gadgets.
5. What is one thing you hope people never say about you?
He doesn't care.
6. What's a nearby tourist attraction you'd like to see, but haven't gotten around to visiting?
As a hospitality and tourism professor, I have seen every attraction for 50 miles multiple times. I would love however like to go on a fishing charter for a day. Wouldn't care if I ever caught a fish (actually I would prefer not to) but to see the Ocean and estuaries from that perspective would be interesting.
7. Where's your favorite tree?
I do like the Angel Oak. It is only about three miles from my house. It is an amazing site to see a 300-400 year old tree the size of a small apartment building. You can check it out here.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Apparently my blog posting here has interfered with my parenting duties. I have to go and rush to get my son up, dressed and ready for the school bus in a half hour....so see ya later!
Posted by Wayne W Smith at 3:09 AM