- Nothing attracts vomit or spit up like a nice clean shirt;
- A child who wakes up very early is surely to fall back asleep five minutes before the alarm goes off;
- Only 46% of food given to a child will actually end up in their stomachs;
- The week you are broke is the week your child will need money for a school project, function or fundraiser;
- The phone ringing mid-day at the house means either someone wants to sell you something or that your child is in trouble;
- Hard plastic toys have a way of being stepped on at the most inopportune times (then again is there an opportune time to kill your foot?);
- The parenting trifecta is to be pooped, vomited and snotted on in the same day. Your not really a parent until this happens;
- Never will you be more needed than when you are trying to have sex. Kids always wait until you are just getting to the fun part when the cry comes. Even if you have an empty house, you just know the phone is going to ring;
- Showers and baths are timed events didn't you know. Add to that speed toileting and we could have our own parent Olympics; and
- Just when you are about to kill em' or put up for adoption or sell them into slavery, they do something cute to remind you of why you put up with all this stuff.
My name is Wayne W. Smith and this blog contains my musings related to higher education, tourism and anything else that comes to mind. I invite you to scroll down and laugh where appropriate, cry when necessary but always remember to consider the source.
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Coffee Time Lessons
Posted by Wayne W Smith at 3:06 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment