I know I am usually quite jockular with my listicles. For this week however, I am going to play it straight and give you some insight into the recent history of the guy writing this blog...
10 Amazing Memories from a Not So Distant Past
10. I earned tenure this year. I love what I do for a living and am honored by the being allowed the privilege to share my knowledge with the next generation, the community and others. Getting the official letter in my office was the nicest end to a ten year journey that once could ask for.
P.S. I recommend to others not to skip the part when one has to have heart issues before changing the lifestyle. It is not a pleasant experience.
7. Over the past five years, I have published 20 refereed journal articles. Of special note, four have been with undergraduate students as co-authors. Nothing feels better than getting a student's name in print for the first time.
6. Seeing my Canadian friends in the summer. We live thousands of miles apart but when we chat it is like we hung out yesterday even though it was months ago in reality. It reminds me of this song...
5. This one time at band camp...(just seeing if you are paying attention to my old cliched jokes - I couldn't play the whole thing straight).
4. Two years ago, Erik was born...I am not a religious person but if I believed in reincarnation, Erik is the rebirth of my sister. The two are uncanny in their similarities.
3. Three years ago, Liam was diagnosed with Autism. While at first seemed like a cruel sentence has turned our lives into a more loving, open minded environment to which we all benefit.
2. Four years ago, we officially adopted Robyn...she had lived with just six years and was our daughter from day one but US immigration insisted on the paperwork. She is one smart kid and I am very proud of her.
1. Heather and I have been married 14 years...though it still seems like yesterday.