1. It's a brand new month...share one thing you're looking forward to in October.
I am heading to Switzerland and Germany for a week this month. I am really looking forward to taking the train through the Alps and into the Black Forest.
2. Is chivalry dead? Explain.
The chivalric code included:
- Duties to countrymen and fellow Christians: this contains virtues such as mercy, courage, valor, fairness, protection of the weak and the poor, and in the servant-hood of the knight to his lord. This also brings with it the idea of being willing to give one’s life for another’s; whether he would be giving his life for a poor man or his lord.
- Duties to God: this would contain being faithful to God, protecting the innocent, being faithful to the church, being the champion of good against evil, being generous and obeying God above the feudal lord.
- Duties to women: this is probably the most familiar aspect of chivalry. This would contain what is often called courtly love, the idea that the knight is to serve a lady, and after her all other ladies. Most especially in this category is a general gentleness and graciousness to all women.
3. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts comic strip made its debut. Which character is your favorite? Which character is most like you? (Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Shroeder, Snoopy, Woodstock, or Pig Pen) If you need a description click here .
Good grief. I guess I would be closest to Linus. I have a good understanding of the human condition and I still want a blanket and to run away from girls.
4. What's something you're competitive about?
Almost everything but not with others. My level of competition is within myself. I can not stand not doing my best possible work. I love to raise the level on myself and just become a little bit better whatever I am doing at the moment. I do not like not beating my high score in whatever.
5. October is National Popcorn Popping Month...are you a fan? How do you like your popcorn?
I only like popcorn at the movies and then only with spices put on it.
6. When did you first realize the world is small?
Nah, the world is large and full of possibilities. People can sometimes be small though.
7. In terms of architecture, what's the most beautiful building you've seen up close and in person?
This is a tough one. I live in Charleston South Carolina. There could be twenty five choices right in this town. Here is one example of what I mean...
|Randolph Hall - College of Charleston|
"Life's a journey, not a destination - and I just can't tell - what tomorrow will bring."
- Living on the Edge - Aerosmith