My name is Wayne W. Smith and this blog contains my musings related to higher education, tourism and anything else that comes to mind. I invite you to scroll down and laugh where appropriate, cry when necessary but always remember to consider the source.
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
I thank Joyce for being a wonderful hostess of the Wednesday Hodgepodge
1. What's the best and worst thing thing about growing older?
For me, the best thing is getting a little wiser. The worst thing is my body is getting a little weaker.
2. Autumn arrives this week in the Northern Hemisphere...what one thing do you love most about the fall season?
Here in the sunny south, hurricane and humidity seasons end. The temperatures get really nice - every day is between 75 and 80 degrees with no humidity. It is like a slice of heaven. I do however, miss the fall colors of the north.
3. Speaking of fall...pumpkin seems to be flavoring everything these days-are you a fan? What's your favorite pumpkin flavored food or beverage?
I was placed on a new diet. One of my staple snack foods has become pumpkin seeds. They are low calorie and carbs.
4. Since we're on the subject of fall...what's the worst fall you've ever taken?
I honestly can not remember. I have excellent balance and hardly ever fall as a result.
5. If you could own a prop from any film what would you choose?
I would go with the Andy's Bible from The Shawshank Redemption.
6. What's the most interesting word you've read or learned in the past week?
7. When was the last time you locked yourself out of your house, car, or office? Was it a big deal?
I will often shut my door to my office without grabbing my keys off my desk. I just do to our departmental administrator and she has a key to all of the offices. It is not a big deal.
The bigger problem at the moment is that my near two year old son who likes to grab keys and play with them. This would not be a problem except he will leave them where ever he is done with them leaving for some occasional interesting moments.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
He who hesitates may be lost but one who thinks before acting is often finds correctness.
Posted by Wayne W Smith at 2:22 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment