- Heather got her new van yesterday. It was all very exciting - sort of.
- On a related note - I still believe I am too young and vibrant to join the mini-van brigade.
- Many schools have a homecoming weekend. It is my understanding that homecoming weekends are usually linked to a football game. Well the College of Charleston does not have football but we have an awesome Alumni event called A Charleston Affair which is tonight and is of course sold out.
- On a related note: here are some pictures of the set up. It is a fabulous evening for all involved. It is also a pleasure to see so many of my former students.
- Let me just say that grading is the worst/best part of my job. It is such a pleasure when students demonstrate that they have grown and developed over the semester with you. It is painful when they obviously did things half way. Seriously, failing a take home exam?
- On a related note: only 20 more to go and my desk can go back to normal...
|Is this normal? Oy vey.|
- Congratulations to Robyn on not only turning 14 last week but also performing very well on her standardized math tests (scoring a 293 out of 300). Robyn is naturally gifted in math and I look forward to seeing what she can do with her skills in the future.
- On a related note: Robyn has her sports awards banquet for playing soccer. She was hoping for a repeat of last year when she won the award for highest GPA on the team. Too bad they didn't give out that award this year.